Finding a project portfolio management tool best suited for your team can be a bit of a daunting task, with multiple users like a Portfolio manager, resource manager and Team member everyone has a different need. On top of that, the features you need to get the work done might be hard to find in a single solution.
To make this easier for you we have curated a list of best project softwares along with their key features.
Celoxis is a web-based project portfolio management software solution, available on-premise or via the cloud, that helps enterprises streamline management of project portfolios, timesheets, expenses, and business processes specific to their organization. Celoxis offers midsize to large businesses across industries, a comprehensive ppm tool to plan and manage complex diverse project portfolios.
Celoxis is used by leading organizations like Rolex, HBO, Tesla, etc.
- Project Financials – Automatically get costs/revenue estimates from your plan. You can also track budgets costs and profits in real-time as well as plug billing leaks by timely invoicing your clients.
- Resource Allocation – Easily allocate resources based on skills, roles and availability as well as view cross-portfolio resource workload to optimally utilize the workforce
- Reporting – Celoxis gives you 360-degree, real-time insights with powerful reports and dashboards.
Pricing: SaaS: $25/user/month & On-Premise: $450/user.
Liquidplanner is one of the most reliable Project portfolio management tools available. It gives you a birds-eye view of your project data. With its sleek-looking dashboard users have a steep learning curve. Liquidplanner has a robust set of features to analyze project performance, costs, client portfolios, baseline trends and more.
Liquidplanner is used by leading organizations like Thought lab, Redapt, Beeline, etc.
- Ease of use – Liquid planner with its clean UI is easier for the teams to adopt, its minimalist looks also lead to less clutter and great user experience.
- Advanced analytics – With Liquidplanner, you can create reports for a single project to entire portfolios. Your team can create reports of project performance, resource utilization, costs, profits, and much more.
- Project- and Task – Level Priorities: Build and manage a pipeline of pending, approved and active projects, and analyze your web design portfolio for insights into how project priority affects your deadlines and finish dates.
Pricing: Plan starts from $45/ month/user.
When it comes to managing portfolio you will find Changepoint nothing short of impressive, it lets you manage project financials, resources, costs, time and much more. Changepoint makes it easy for you to manage diverse project portfolios and provides the insights you need.
- Financial management – Changepoint lets you manage your overall financial health with sophisticated budgeting and cost allocation capabilities, multi-currency support, and financial reporting.
- Visibility & Analytics – Changepoint Analytics leverages AI to provide real-time dashboards and view your data in new ways, uncovering trends and opportunities you may not have been looking for.
Pricing: Plan starts from $24/month/user.
4. Oracle Primavera
Very few tools available in the current marketplace are as advanced as Oracle Primavera. It is highly customizable and caters to very specific needs your team may have. With the level of detailing it offers it has a bit of learning curve. But for organizations who need high-level insight on their projects, it can be advantageous.
It helps you with progress tracking, workflow management, financial estimates, real-time reporting and analytics and much more.
- Future estimates – It provides you with easy access to historical and future data to measure progress against past performance/future milestones.
- Visual Feedback – Graphical analysis provides your team with a rapid evaluation and understanding of portfolio performance, speeds decision-making, and increases confidence in achieving strategic goals and value. Metrics can be used as the basis for “what if” scenarios planning in Investor Maps to determine optimal portfolio mix.
Pricing: It is priced at $2750.
Planview is one of the most popular solutions when it comes to managing your project portfolios. It is a balanced software which allows you to manage your projects, resources, finances and much more. With its beautiful dashboards and reporting you can use data to drive growth.
- Financial Planning – Using Planview you can plan, track and measure your financial performance. With revenue forecasts, you can keep an eye on the end goal and manoeuvre your strategies accordingly.
- Resource allocation – You need visibility into who is working on what, and how to effectively manage resources for work today – and be equipped with the necessary information to optimize your capacity, improve utilization, and plan for the future.
Pricing: Pricing starts at $20/month/user.
Proggio is a cloud-based project portfolio software and it offers features like Resource Management, Project Financials, Reports & Analytics, Project Planning, Collaboration and much more.
Teams need different dashboards as per their role be it a Project manager, Executive or a Team member, Proggio is designed to suit everyone’s needs. Its drag and drop interface makes it easy to use for new users.
Leading organizations like Verifone, Sodastream, Abbott use Proggio for their project management needs.
- Collaboration – Proggio has a built-in messaging which helps with the project planning and development.
- Expense Tracking – You can create budget reports based on planned and actual expenses, it also lets you forecast the cost of projects at any time in a project.
Pricing: Plan starts at $69/month for 15 users. It also offers a free plan for single projects.